Today I want to share 8 of my favorite parenting quotes with all of you. Of course there are so many inspirational parent quotes out there and several others that I like, but I just wanted to share my top 8.
Although parenting is a very special gift, it can be overwhelming at times and sometimes we just need a little bit of encouragement. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, first I pray to be filled with joy and peace, and then I read these quotes either in the notes on my phone or post cards that I have at home.
Reading these helps me put my role as a parent into perspective and I am able to look at the joy of parenting instead of focusing on the tantrum at hand lol.
1. “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” ~Saadi
2. “Making the decision to have a child-it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.” ~ Elizabeth Stone
3. “Be the parent today that you want your kids to remember tomorrow.” ~Unknown
4. “To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.” ~Unknown
5. “Remember: You are not managing an inconvenience. You are raising a human being.” ~Kittie Frantz
6. “The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.” ~Peggy O’Mara
7. “Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.” ~Bill Ayers
8. “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.” ~Sue Atkins
What are your favorite parenting quotes?
Which one above is your favorite? (My favorite is #2)
Feel free to leave a comment below and let’s chat!